Saturday, April 18, 2009

Blog Post reflections for Spring 2009

This semester was a challenge for me. My expectations were optimistic when I signed up for 9 graduate credits and worked full time, and a single parent of two children. I learned a great deal about my character. This Saturday course was a real challenge. However I loved the course and its content and all the people I met. I think I may have made things difficult for myself by not getting things done on time. As the semester winds down I have come to realize that blog posting should not be looked upon as a nervous or uneasy writing assignment . This was an exercise in technology that I am not use to having in my schedule. My computer at home did give me some technical difficulties when I downloaded Second Life. There were times that I didn't manage my time wisely and got behind in my assignments, not only for this class but the other two as well. I got frustrated because my life and several personal issues got in the way. While trying to have the assigned readings and the progress made while playing the video game I selected posted or not posted by the 10:00 am class deadline on each Saturday that was so generously set by Dr. Dana, which is very reasonable, should not have been a problem, but for me it was. Tiffany if and when you read or review this posting I have to apologize for not fulfilling my obligations as your partner because I didn't respond to your blogs as often as I should have. For that I am sorry. I was uneasy, insecure and unsure of myself about the postings I made. I was afraid of being judged on my performance as it relates to this assignment because it was a new experience for me. I am so used to the regular classroom instruction. I found that I really have to discipline myself even more than usual to participate in this type of hybrid course. For the first couple of posting I felt alone and/or lonely. I think the insecurity was getting to me. I do have to admit that after Dr. Dana responded to my posting that really eased my mind. I felt I was being a good student following directions. I think this course gave me a new confidence and opened up a new road as it relates to my academic experiences. For the reading selections that I find myself behind in I will post blogs on them before the semester is over. I will have no other choice but to accept whatever grade that Dr. D. gives me on these late postings. I accept responsibility for my actions and inaction's.
This was a valuable learning experience for me because it really forced me to think and perform outside of the box in continuing my education. I now have a new found confidence in completing this type of course and would gladly take another of the same type if offered or had to select it. I would recommend blogging as a form of communication and writing practice. It is an excellent exercise for all ages. It gives an individual an opportunity to express themselves in a way that may initially be uncomfortable. However with practice and time it can become a mastered skill. There are opportunities to edit and video and other technical applications that you may not normally be costumed to. Learning to blog has been a rewarding experience for me and can be for anyone who tries.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sylverster,
    I hope you manage very well. You might be right to get thing done in a short time. The more you are nervous, the more you can accomplish. I agree with you that MEDI 506 is a good course for learning new stuff, which will become handy tools for our use in the future. I really like this course and I really hope we can have this course for longer time. :)
    By the way, regarding the final project paper I gave you, you can just give me your overall idea. Thank you for your time. You can give me your paper too. I am glad we have more time to improve this assignment.

    ReplyDelete